• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Short-Term Goals Thread

euphoria

Bluelight Crew
For most of us it's probably easier to accomplish things if we break it down into smaller pieces. It is for me, anyway...

So let's share and record some of our short-term goals. Post in here once a day, once a week, once a month, whatever. It's a good way to track your progress and make it easier to be healthy without having the overwhelming task of changing your entire lifestyle.

One day at a time... One step at a time...

My short term goal for this week is to: Skip the afternoon stress/irritation snacks at work. That's where my extra calories I don't need come from, and then I end up overeating for the day.

Gonna try to smoke less than a pack today. Over the past 5 months it's gotten out of hand. I'm gonna try to smoke half a the cig, then put it out for later. I'm up to 8 now. I'm at a good pace.

If skipping the snack is too much to resist, try replacing it with fruit/veg. As unappealing as that sounds, like with anything, it can become habit if done.....uh...habitually. Hit up the googles for ways to dress up healthy foods.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a good idea for a thread, and strange that you posted this as the first line in the OP has been the subject matter of my thoughts and discussions with everybody have been about.

Breaking things down into smaller pieces really is the way to go - I keep finding myself looking at the big picture and panicking like mad! If we couple the short-term goal ideas with positive reinforcement, we may find they come to us quicker and more effectively. This is a bit off-topic and as much as I despise the term and the new-agey bollocks that comes with this that actually negates it's own credibility, there really is something to The Law of Attraction, I swear to God. I've had many experiences that indicate that there is something to it - think positive, feel positive and good things will happen to you.

So yeah....Short-Term Goals - righty-ho.

Right, my first short-term goal is to simply get a job. Not to panic that I can't find work or worry about life-careers or getting a job to save and where i'm going to go with the money and how to get there and when i'll do it and all that noise......it's simply to find a a job.
I will find a job very soon.
I will find a job very soon. I know I will. I can already feel the elation of finding out I have got some work.

Attempt4 you fuck, since when were you a BL mod :p

Short term goals: earn money. buy drugs.

Attempt4 you fuck, since when were you a BL mod :p

Short term goals: earn money. buy drugs.

nAON....aren't you dead yet? :D I was recently appointed as a Mod, bro.

I know you were a champers, but did you frequent CT? I can't remember.

Hope you're well, anyway mate.

Smoke less weed. It makes me tired, I eat more, and plus it's just an expensive habit to keep up. Ideally I'd like to cut down to only smoking once a day, but with the way my friends smoke, it might be difficult.

Smoke less weed. It makes me tired, I eat more, and plus it's just an expensive habit to keep up. Ideally I'd like to cut down to only smoking once a day, but with the way my friends smoke, it might be difficult.

Cutting back actually isn't too difficult if you have the right reasons for doing so. At first I found it difficult because most of my friends also love to get high, but after I've upheld my decision, saying no was quite easy and they understand or at least accept my choice.

btw I really like this thread. I have a small whiteboard lying around that I might place up somewhere I frequent often where I can write my goals and objectives, then cross them off for a sense of accomplishment. I could use a little self-motivation.

For me, I am going to perform some type of exercise four times a week, 15 minutes a day and stick with it until it becomes a routine.

For me, I am going to perform some type of exercise four times a week, 15 minutes a day and stick with it until it becomes a routine.

Great stuff :) As soon as it becomes routine, you will come to love doing it and will look forward to it each day!

If you need any advice, motivation or anything then please feel free to PM me, my man.

continue to not smoke cigarettes
be in the top 20 at my first 10K mountain trail run
drink more water...I have gotten away from that esp during the work day

Cool glad you guys shared... I think it's easier to start small myself and then work your way up. That way your goals don't become so overwhelming that you NEVER actually start working towards them. A lot of nights when I simply cannot bring myself to get out and exercise, I'll just say to myself ' just walk for like 30 min ' and then by the time I get out there I actually feel like running. A mantra that I say to myself to get myself out there is "At least it's better than nothing". True a 30 minute walk isn't a huge fat burning exercise, but YES it is better than sitting on the couch watching tv for 30 minutes. The motivation usually comes after accomplishing the small feat of getting your running shoes on and getting your ass outside. The hardest part is just getting yourself out there. Once you're out there it's not so hard.

My boyfriend just came to visit for a week (he hasnt moved out here yet) and we did a lot of eating. He is super skinny and has a high metabolism so he eats a lot, and when I'm with him consequently so do I :p

Now that its just me again, my goal for this week is to buy a gym pass and use it every week day. This shouldnt be a problem as in the past when I've purchased gym passes the fact that I'm paying for it motivates me to go every day after work. It's getting too dark and cold in the evenings for me to feel motivated enough to go outside and walk around, hike, or bike. Group fitness pushes me when I don't want to push myself.

Another thing I began doing this week that I want to keep up doing is taking my gym shoes to work and speed walking hills during my lunch break, on days when I don't have meetings. It's a good way to get some sunshine now that the days are getting shorter, and burn some extra calories since I sit at a desk all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been drinking more water and remembering to take my vitamins.
Now after yesterday's dental cleaning I MUST get back to flossing daily. OUCH

short term goals.

Stop chain smoking while doing mathemagics on a grease board for my studies.
actually pick my GF up after work without being an hour late.
Go to the dentist. Need a new crown.

Basically I'm not eating any starch filled food until thanksgiving. I'm on day 5 and so far so good, one of the hardest things I'be had to do though.

My short term goal is not eating for the next 3 days and finishing the colon cleanse I'm doing. I don't even really feel hungry (I'm on day 2), but someone is cooking something downstairs and it smells delicious.

I use to work out everyother day and stuck to it for a year and a half. But now that i have a job i have not made it to the gym in forever!

My short term goal is to get back on track with my workout plan and start taking my vitamins/supplements daily again. My job doesnt even take up much of my time and its no excuse to be a lazy peice!

O yea and great idea for a thread i cant believe there isnt one already. Im proly gonna post here often. Its good to have goals and accomplish them.

Remember to exercise at least once a day. And finish my uni applications.

it's simply to find a a job.
I will find a job very soon.
I will find a job very soon. I know I will. I can already feel the elation of finding out I have got some work.

I can happily check that off the list as of this morning :D I always just know when things are happening.

Cool story bro:
I had a dream 2 weeks ago about starting this new job, the boss' face and what the building looked like and everything - before I had even applied for it! When I walked in this morning I suddenly was overwhelmed with excitement about how I dreamt this prior and I knew it was going to go well.
I have always had dream premonitions, ever since I was a child.
For example, 10 years ago I moved from Orkney down to where I stay now and I vividly recall having a dream (a couple years before moving) about sitting in the woods with my friends L, R and B. I strictly recall their faces, what we were doing, everything down to the last detail. When I first met them when I moved, I just couldn't help but smile as I knew that I already knew about them :)
I have plenty more "crazy" stories like that, with regards to premonitions, psychic ability, strange occurrences. I pride myself on not allowing myself to get sucked into believing any old thing for excitement and entertainment's sake, and I always uphold a degree of logical skepticism so you better believe it when I say that some of these events are truly astounding and inexplicably fascinating.
The power of belief is incredible. If I feel and know that something will occur, then it absolutely will. I've managed to "attract" some really crazy things to my life simply by feeling and willing it so. As much as I despise the credential-deprived, over-zealous, bastardising and downright embarrassing New Agey types, there really is something to the Law of Attraction.

So anyway, got a great new job, loads of hours, good craíc, decent pay, self-worth and self-confidence suitably restored, purpose and direction back in full swing, comfort levels restored and weight lifted high off the shoulders :)

Next short-term goal